David Bigler, Interactive Designer
Web Design / User Interface Design / Mobile Design / Graphic DesignPrint This Page
As an interactive designer I have developed projects for a diverse range of industries including biotechnology, health care, finance, arts and entertainment companies. My passions include visual design, art, cats, user interface design and designing rich media presentations.
Interactive Design (CX Designer), Wells Fargo Advisors
Saint Louis, MO | February 2014 – Present
- Interactive Designer/Customer Experience (CX) Producer responsible for designing dynamic presentations, interactive videos, intranet sites, mobile projects, print materials and illustrations for a variety of internal and external clients.
Senior Web Designer, Lumeris
Saint Louis, MO | September 2012 – November 2013
- Created interactive design solutions to gain traction in the health care industry with a comprehensive digital marketing strategy through social media, email marketing and blogging. Also transitioned the corporate website to modern web design standards that utilized usability and accessibility techniques.
Senior Web Designer, Cejka Search
Saint Louis, MO | January 2008 – September 2012
- Design lead for all corporate and external client websites. Responsible for content publishing and managing/maintaining the company’s social media networks. Created email newsletter, job search microsites and client marketing materials.
Web Designer, Monsanto
Saint Louis, MO | November 2005 – January 2008
- Created websites for a variety of internal and external Monsanto clients as a member of the Design, Usability and Analytics team. Lead designer for the redesign of the Monsanto Intranet in conjunction with the usability and Sharepoint development teams. I also created original designs for a variety of other Monsanto projects including application design, e-newsletters, instructional materials, logos, banners and promotional items.
Web Designer, Evolution Multimedia
Herrin, IL | October 2004 – November 2005
- Designed websites and interactive media; Coded websites with XHTML, CSS and PHP; Created original graphic design for websites, interactive CDs and banners; Assisted in search engine optimization (SEO).
Senior Graphic Designer, CommunityLink
Pinckneyville, IL | October 2000 – April 2004
- Led a team of graphic designers in the advertising department; provided creative direction; Created graphic design for advertisements; designed brochures, maps, magazines and websites.
Design & Fabrication Specialist, Brees Studio
Murphysboro, IL | July 1999 – October 2000
- Built, organized, created and installed large-scale exhibits constructed for museums and interpretive centers nation-wide.
- Web design / User interface design / User experience / Mobile design / Presentation design
- Graphic design
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, InDesign and Captivate
- Usability and accessibility
- Video editing and production
- Podcast production and audio editing
- HTML5 and CSS3
- HTML e-mail design (ExactTarget, Lyris, MailChimp)
- Branding and identity
- Web analytics
- Social media strategy and marketing
- Wireframing and prototyping (Axure, Photoshop, Fireworks, Pencil)
- SharePoint publishing
- WordPress site design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, SIU-C School of Art & Design, May 1999
Specialty: Industrial Design
- Associates Degree, Fine Art, John A Logan College, August 1996
- Saint Louis Visual Artist of the Year – 2015 RAW Artists
- The American Business Awards – 2012 PR Campaign of the Year
- The American Business Awards – 2010 Best Medical Online Campaign/Outstanding Achievement in Internet Advertising
- The American Business Awards – 2008 Best Overall Design
- RAW Artists
- Art Saint Louis
- Gateway CHI (Computer Human Interaction)
- Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO)
- Saint Louis Sci-Fi and Fantasy Club
- Saint Louis Japanese Bon Odori Society